Medicinova (MNOV) Announces Presentation of Positive, Interim MN-166 Data in ALS
December 14, 2015 - als
Get an inside demeanour during Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Get your 2-week giveaway hearing here
MediciNova, Inc. (Nasdaq: MNOV), announced that principal questioner Dr. Benjamin Rix Brooks, Director, Carolinas HealthCare System’s Neuromuscular/ALS-MDA Center, presented halt information from MediciNova’s ongoing clinical hearing of MN-166 (ibudilast) in amyotrophic parallel sclerosis (ALS) during a 26th International Symposium on ALS/MND (amyotrophic parallel sclerosis/motor neurone disease) in Orlando, FL. The halt research includes a sum of 36 subjects, and 33 of those subjects finished 6 months of diagnosis on investigate drug (MN-166 or remedy in a 2:1 ratio).
Major highlights from a presentation, â€œAdaptive Design Single Center Phosphodiesterase Type 4 (PDE4) Inhibitor â€“ Ibudilast (MN-166) Phase 1b/2a Clinical Trial [NCT02238626] for Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Patients  Not Requiring Non-Invasive Ventilation (no-NIV) adult to 5 years and  Requiring Non-Invasive Ventilation (NIV) adult to 10 years from Disease Onset,â€� embody a following:
- The rate of decrease in a Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Functional Rating Scale-Revised (ALSFRS-R) score, a magnitude of organic impairment, from Baseline to Month 6 for a MN-166 and remedy subjects total is next rates celebrated historically in other ALS studies.
- Slow critical ability (SVC), a magnitude of respiratory function, declined by 1.50% predicted/month for a no-NIV conspirator (MN-166 and remedy subjects combined) from Baseline to Month 6, that is next rates celebrated historically in other ALS studies.
- Non-invasive movement (NIV) duty was reduce in clinical hearing participants when compared with a deployment of non-invasive movement in a representation of patients referred to ALS Multidisciplinary Clinic with critical ability larger than 60% likely (an inclusion pattern for this study), and a disproportion came tighten to reaching statistical stress (p=0.07).
- No cluster of inauspicious events was differentially benefaction in MN-166 diagnosis and remedy diagnosis subjects.
- Safety examination concludes that a clinical hearing might continue as planned. MN-166 diagnosis will be given to subjects in a open-label prolongation for an additional 6 months.
Yuichi Iwaki, MD, PhD, President and Chief Executive Officer of MediciNova, Inc., commented, “We are really gratified with a enlivening halt data, quite a delayed critical ability and NIV duty information that might prove that MN-166 has intensity to urge respiratory duty in ALS patients. If a final formula of a investigate endorse it, MN-166 would potentially offer a estimable clinical advantage in a diagnosis of ALS as many patients die from respiratory failure.â€�